on the side of the road
lay sad little possum pancakes
too curious , desperate, and anxious
to keep away for their own sakes
No one will ever know their way of life.
hhhhhh imagine being suspended in the middle
BUB’s very good pal Colonel Meow is in the hospital recovering from surgery. BUB is using all her magic powers to send him healing energy. Please join BUB in wishing him well so that he can get better and get back to world domination.
Kawaii Cute Dogs Cats animals relaxing healing 可愛い 癒し 犬 ネコ イヌ 猫 動物の画像アップしています♫Nov.6, 2013 15:09→
Virginia Opossums and What You Should Know About Them.
* They are the only North American Marsupial
* They do not carry rabies and rarely contract rabies due their lower temperature than other mammals. A recent survey found 1 Opossum in 27,000 were even able to become infected with the virus.
* It is extremely unlikely an opossum will bite or attack. They do growl, they do hiss, they will show you their teeth. Then they fall over. That’s why it’s called “playing ‘possum” If you get bit you’ve really done something very wrong.
* Like all marsupials they carry their young in their pouches where they grow and develop for a few months and then they go off on their own.
* When you see an opossum that has been hit by a vehicle or injured in another way stop and check on it please. Be safe when stopping and watch out for other vehicles. We don’t what anyone to be injured while trying to help wildlife.
- The babies could still be alive in pouch and will need immediate care
- Be careful if you remove the babies from the nipples in the pouch as they swallow it down very far and you can actually invert their intestines if pulled to hard or fast. If unsure of how to do it, bring mommas body to us and let us handle it.
* If you find that momma and/or babies are still alive please keep them warm and try to get them to your nearest wildlife rehabilitator right away. Do not worry about feeding them. We will take care of that after we get the animal and can assess its injuries or conditions.
How do I find a certified wildlife rehabilitator in my area who I know will care for the animal properly? Click Here (the national wildlife rehabilitators association) they will help you with who to call locally even have some listed Rehabber by state and county,
Please be safe when handling any wildlife because they are going to be frightened, probably in pain, unpredictable and your big eyes just look like another predator to them.
Rocky abstracts from Pembrokeshire, Wales, UK
Happy birthday to the cutest of cutie bugs!! Let’s celebrate by hiding in a crinkle sack together